Creating integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels is extremely important now. Why, do you ask? Well a repeated and reinforced message drives an increase in sales, which makes your marketing more effective. Also, when your message arrives at a time when the recipient is considering a purchase you increase your results.
So how do you create effective integrated marketing campaigns?
Here are a few tips:
- Tracking: Before you begin any campaign, make sure to set it up with analytics for tracking. Each channel should be tracked separately so that you can define your best channels and where you need to improve.
- Decide: You need to choose your offers for your campaign. Each channel will need a slightly tailored offer, but should stay within the boundaries of the overall campaign.
- Combine all channels into one department: You must manage all aspects of your campaign in one department. Separating each channel to a different department dilutes the ability to have a truly integrated campaign.
- Cross seed your channels: In other words, make sure that channels reference and link to one another. That way you are able to drive people to more than one site therefore building your credibility and you are able to interact with more responders
- Create a personalized experience: It is important to bond with people and in order to do that, they expect personalization. You can create that personalization with direct mail, QR codes, email and your website. Make sure to capture information about people with each visit, as this will allow you to build your data so that you can create offers that people want to receive.
- Make one change at a time: When reviewing your analytics, make sure that you only change one thing at a time to try to increase your responses. It is very hard to isolate what works for you if you change too much at a time.
Basically, the whole idea is to have your offers presented where people are; direct mail, email, social media, website, mobile and more. Figuring out how to tailor your offers in each channel can be a challenge, but creating integrated campaigns can be a very fun process.