First of all, lets define every door direct mail. Every door direct mail is the post office’s new program for small businesses wanting to reach potential customers in their area. The USPS mapping tool helps you target mailing routes by neighborhood, zip code or city around your business to identify the number of active households and businesses in your selected area. Many small businesses have stayed away from direct mail in the past due to the costs. This program is to help small businesses do direct mail at a lower cost.
There are a few key factors you need to know:
- The mail pieces must be a flat size (larger than 6.125 x 11.5)
- You must mail to an entire carrier route
- The mail must be entered at the local destination post office
- You will need to register with the USPS
- You will need to map your location and print your paperwork
- A small business can send mailers for $0.142 each in postage
- No mail permit is required
- No mail list is required
- You can send to the areas you select near you
Keep in mind that the only available targeting is location. If you need to target your list to homes with children or some other demographic, that is not available through this program. Make sure to have a good call to action on your piece and a way for you to track who responds. Here is the link to the USPS website: https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/
If you would like to participate in this program, but don’t want the hassle of dealing with the USPS, we can help you with that. Call us 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help. Check out our website www.eyecomm.org.