It used to be easy to reach customers and prospects with just television, radio, newspaper or direct mail. Today it is a whole new arena. Your customers and prospects are using so many different types of media it is hard to know what is best. Hopefully you have been tracking your customers and prospects. You need to know how people are responding to you. Is it email, direct mail, text messaging, search, or social media? Then you can figure out how can you reach them now.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when trying to decide which media will work best:
- Who is my target audience? Make sure to really spend time figuring this out so that the message can be effective.
- Are you trying to reach professionals or consumers? This will help to determine the best media.
- Where do they spend most of their time? You may need to segment your targeting down further to get this right.
- Do I have a mobile website? You need one for your QR Codes and one that is accessible via mobile phone browsers.
- What am I offering that will help the recipient? This is the time of “all about me”, so you need to show them why they can benefit from you.
On average you should be using a minimum of 3 media types for your campaigns to boost your results. The best campaigns incorporate print, mobile, social and online. You can too!