With a slower economy these days we can all use a little help to boost our results. Here are 5 tips to get you started on increasing your direct mail results:
- Look closely at your offer. Consider sweetening the deal or at least appearing to do so with some creative wording. Remember to highlight the benefits to the recipient, not the features. People want to know “what’s in it for me”. Motivating the recipients to respond is key to increasing your results.
- Look closely at your list. Is the list targeted well for the offer you are making? Sometimes it makes more sense to mail fewer pieces to better qualified recipients. If you need to supplement your list with a purchased list, contact your provider to help you determine who is best for your offer.
- Make it personal. Appear to speak directly to your recipients. They want to feel special. Variable digital printing provides a tool for customizing every mail piece with personalized messages and images. This can dramatically increase your response.
- Increase the number of ways your recipients can respond. Include a phone number, email, QR Code, mail address and website. Make them easy to find. Consider including a business reply card. Even in this day when people may respond by telephone and internet, business reply cards improve response rates. Their very presence communicates that a response is requested.
- Clearly state how you want the recipient to respond and set a designated respond by date to encourage quick response. This will enable you to capture them while the “iron is hot”.
Lastly, in order to know how well these tips have helped you, there must be a tracking method. Here are a few options you could use for tracking:
- Direct recipients to a special website landing page rather than your company’s home page. You can easily do that with a QR code, or by creating personalized URLs for each individual.
- Use a code on all reply devices and ask for a code for online orders.
- Ask a recipient to bring the piece into your location for a gift or discount.
- Use a special email address created for the campaign.
- Ask recipients to mention a promotion code when they call your company.
If you have any questions please call us 619-448-6111 or email email@example.com. We are glad to help!