Have you heard the news? The PRC has approved the 3% postage discount known as the summer sale. Click here for the ruling.
Well, in a nut shell, here is what they are going to do:
A special 3% discount July 1st thru August 31st for letters or flats if they include QR Codes that can be read by consumer smartphones.
The requirements are:
- All mailpieces in the mailing must include a mobile two-dimensional barcode on the outside of the mailpiece or within the mailpiece.
- The mobile barcode must be used for marketing purposes and must be relevant to the contents of the mailpiece. The objective of the two-dimensional mobile barcode on eligible mail pieces must be to initiate interaction with consumers via mobile smartphones to market, promote, or educate.
- Standard Mail and First-Class Mail letters and flats must be sent with postage paid entirely using a permit imprint and submitted electronically using Postal Wizard, Mail.dat, or Mail.XML to qualify for the discount. (Mailings submitted via Postal Wizard claiming IMb postage rates cannot exceed 9,999 pieces.)
- The Mobile Barcode Promotion must be affirmatively claimed on the “Incentive Claimed” line in the certification section of the postage statement.
- Mail must be tendered for acceptance during the promotion period, July 1, 2011 through August 31, 2011.
Click here for Frequently asked questions.
If you have questions calls us 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help.