Design is the 3rd key to successful direct mail. You have many options, but I will list a few for you to consider.
There are 7 common package choices:
- Traditional: letter, lift note, brochure, reply device in #10 envelope
- Self-mailers folded in various ways with a tear off reply.
- Snap-Paks: computer generated with 3 tear off perfed edges (only cost effective in large volume)
- Closed-Faced Kits: generally a 9 x 12 envelope with personalized feel and all inserts personalized.
- Double postcards: this is a folded over card with a tear off reply device
- Emerging creative tactics: CD’s, shapes, fold outs, pop outs, stand ups, repositional notes
Here are the most popular choices:
- Letter in envelope
- Flyer or self-mailer
- Large Envelopes
- Snap packs
Which ever format you choose there are some common elements to keep in mind:
- Keep it visually appealing
- Keep with your branding
- Integrate the call to action into the design
- Be unique
- Keep your audience in mind, what would they like to see
- Make sure the design plays into the “whats in it for me” demand that the recipient has
- What will work best with your budget
If you have any questions about a design you are considering please give us a call 619-448-6111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help.