Clean your mailing list
Keep your in‐house mailing lists clean and up‐to‐date. Eliminate bad addresses, update old addresses and drop uninterested recipients so you can mail fewer pieces to a targeted audience at valid addresses. Eye/Comm provides numerous resources to refine your lists and reduce waste:
- Address standardization corrects address errors.
- Delivery point validation verifies the address is complete and correct.
- Move update provides new addresses for people who have moved.
- Deduping eliminates duplicate addresses.
Here are some other things you can do to keep your lists clean:
- Provide opportunities for recipients to easily opt‐in or opt‐out.
- Maintain a do‐not‐mail list of those who choose to opt‐out.
- Provide ways for customers to notify you of mailing preferences or incorrect address information.
- Use ACS Address Correction Service to get updated addresses.
- Most Important: Don’t forget to update your list with the information you receive from these resources. If you need help, we’re there for you.