2. Clean In House lists. Reduce undeliverable mail by updating your lists at least every three months. There are many data hygiene resources available to keep your list up‐to‐date.
- Delivery Point Validation to eliminate invalid or incomplete addresses.
- National Change of Address (NCOA) to get updated addresses for people who move.
- “Do not mail” purging to eliminate those who prefer not to receive mail.
- Deceased recipient purging.
- Apartment number appending to increase deliverability.
Benefits of Data Hygiene:
- Control mailing waste and save on postage and printing.
- Reduced lost sales by continuing to reach customers who have moved.
- Increase customer loyalty.